Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Doctor Visit

Jonathan is about 5 days old - and we had to go see the doctor today since he had low blood sugar in the hospital. Now he is healthy and gaining weight fast. He left the hospital Sunday weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces. Three days later he's at 7 pounds 15 ounces. That's more than his birthweight already. Everything else looked good.

We also hit another milestone - he peed on me. I was warned, but it was still a shock. I was giving him a sponge bath this afternoon when he shot straight at me and soaked my shirt. It took me a second to comprehend what was happening. I had the faucet running, my hand was in a bucket of warm water, his head was wet and then my stomach felt really wet and warm. He shot straight at me. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing.

He is such an alert baby - taking everything in and it's such a joy to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment